Crispy Chilli Beef
Make this ever-popular takeaway dish at home and amaze your guests at how authentic it tastes. Serve it with either rice noodles or rice for a flavoursome dish that is sure to impress.
- 500g thin cut steak - thinly sliced against the grain
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red chilli - thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions - sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger - cut as finely as possible
- 180ml orange juice
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 6 tbsp gluten and wheat free sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp gluten and wheat free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Diet: Gluten and Wheat Free
Place the beef in a bowl with the cornflour and salt.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan until hot and add the beef and fry until golden and crisp.
With a slotted spoon, scoop out the beef and drain on a plate covered with kitchen paper. Pour away all but 1 tbsp of the oil.
Stir fry the chilli, the spring onions, garlic and ginger for around 2-3 minutes until starting to soften. Add in the orange juice, lemon juice, chilli sauce, soy sauce and water and bubble over a high heat for a few minutes. You want a thick glossy sauce that will coat the back of a spoon.
Add the beef back to the pan and mix through until it is well coated. Serve the crispy chilli beef with rice noodles or rice and scatter with the toasted sesame seeds.