This is a prawn cocktail, with a difference. This recipe uses loads of fresh coriander, some cucumber, spring onions a touch of chill and a dusting of smoked paprika. The combination gives the dish a Mexican flavour. It′s a colourful starter that makes a great appetiser all year round.
- 250g cooked medium prawns - chilled
- 2tbs gluten and wheat free seafood sauce (I use Colmans)
- ¼ cucumber - diced
- 1 small tomato - diced
- 4 spring onions - thinly sliced
- A generous handful fresh coriander - finely chopped
- 1 chilli - seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Shredded lettuce
- Smoked paprika to garnish
- Lemon wedge to garnish
In a bowl, mix the prawns with the seafood sauce. In a separate bowl, mix the cucumber, tomato, spring onion, coriander and chilli and squeeze in some lime juice.
Place some shredded lettuce in the bottom of each glass, spoon the cucumber mixture on top and the prawns on top of that.
Garnish with a light sprinkling of smoked paprika and a lemon wedge.