Aromatic Prawn Soup
This delicately spiced soup is quick to make and smells and tastes delicious. It’s a great recipe when you don’t have a lot of time; 20 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150g mushroom - sliced
- 300g bag mixed stir-fry vegetables
- 2 tbsp gluten and wheat free Thai green curry paste
- 200ml gluten and wheat free vegetable stock (from a stock cube is fine)
- 400g tin reduced-fat coconut milk
- 225g instant rice noodles (I use MAMA)
- 200g raw prawns
- 2 spring onions - finely sliced to garnish
Diet: Gluten and Wheat Free
In a large non-stick pan or wok, heat the oil and stir-fry the vegetables and mushrooms for 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the curry paste to the pan and fry for 1 minute. Pour in the hot stock and the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Add the prawns and noodles and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook gently for 4 minutes, until the prawns are cooked. Stir in the vegetables and serve, scattered with the sliced spring onion.