Sweet Potato and Ginger Soup
Cook this warming sweet potato and ginger soup when you are looking for a pick-me-up. A great way to boost your immune system and it tastes great too! Serve it as a starter or as a light lunch.
- 1kg sweet potato - peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger - grated
- 1 litre gluten and wheat free vegetable stock (made from a stock cube is fine)
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Diet: Gluten and Wheat Free
In a large pan, heat the oil and add the onion, ginger and garlic. Allow to cook gently for a few minutes and then add the spices and cook for a further minute. Add the sweet potatoes, stock and salt and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 25 minutes.
Whizz the soup until smooth and serve, sprinkled with some black pepper.