- 4 chicken breasts
- 85g smoked back bacon - cut into chunks
- Knob of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic - chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 300ml dry white wine
- 300ml gluten and wheat free chicken stock (fresh or made from stock cubes/granules)
- Around 30 black and green pitted olives
- Handful of tarragon leaves/1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp cornflower mixed with a tablespoon of cold water
Heat the butter in a pan and then season the chicken with ground black pepper and salt. Brown the chicken over a medium heat and then remove from the pan and set aside. Add the bacon and garlic to the pan and cook gently for around 2 minutes until just golden. Turn up the heat, add the lemon zest and white wine, then simmer rapidly for a few minutes.
Reduce the heat, add the stock, olives and half the tarragon and return the chicken to the pan and simmer gently for about 30 mins until the chicken is cooked through and tender, and the wine stock has reduced. For those who like a thicker sauce, mix the cornflour with the cold water and then add this mixture to the juices.
Serve with rice or roasted potatoes and some green vegetables.