Thai Beef Salad is probably one of the most popular and well-known Thai salads and is a great light lunch idea. It’s a simple salad with a mix of sweet, sour and salty ingredients and with a good piece of steak, it’s the perfect combination.
- 250g rump steak
- Olive oil - for brushing
- ½ head Chinese leaves - finely sliced
- ¼ red onion - thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper - thinly sliced
- 6 radishes - thinly sliced
- 6 baby tomatoes - halved
- 2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 4tbsp gluten and wheat free sweet chilli sauce
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp gluten and wheat free light soy sauce
- 25g roasted peanuts - chopped - to garnish
- Fresh mint leaves - to garnish
Brush the steak with the oil and season to taste.
Heat a griddle pan until very hot and smoking, add the steak and cook for 3-6 minutes each side (or until it has been cooked to your individual liking). Transfer the steak to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Place the Chinese leaves, red onion, red pepper, tomatoes, coriander and radishes in a bowl. Whisk together the chilli sauce, zest and juice of the lime and soya sauce in a small bowl and pour half of it over the salad and mix well.
Cut the cooked steak into thin slices with a sharp knife and arrange it on top of the salad. Pour over the remaining dressing and scatter with peanuts and fresh mint leaves.